Let’s set this shit straight, shall we?
Oxytocin is a chemical released in the brain that helps with emotional bonding and trust. It’s a hormone that makes people feel all lovey dovey. This hormone is released by males and females when you have an orgasm, touching, giving birth, breastfeeding, and other pleasurable activities (such as petting your dog, cuddling, hugging, masturbating, etc).
Oxytocin doesn’t connect you to someone forever. Hormones are an effect that linger for a little while (anything from a few hours to a few days) and then goes away until the next surge. A woman will not feel forever attached and “mentally messed up” for the rest of her life if she has sex with someone who she later splits with. What a pile of bullshit.
This post reinforces 2 myths:
MYTH: That women must “save” herself for “the one”
REALITY: If a woman wants to have sex with only 1 person in her lifetime, that’s her decision…and anybody who thinks it’s OK to scare her into that decision can seriously go fuck themselves.
MYTH: Men can’t feel emotionally connected to anyone until they have kids.
FACT: Men can connect emotionally just like women can and they experience oxytocin release as well. This myth also implies that if a woman wants to connect to her male partner, they must have kids to do so.
Further, oxytocin is not ”nature’s way” of telling us to only have sex with one person. In our primitive history, humans were rarely monogamous. In recent centuries, society has taken to forcing people (and apparently, scaring them) into only having sex with 1 person, but in reality, this almost never happens. The vast majority of people have sex with more than 1 person in their lifetime.
And guess what? None of us are “mentally messed up” because of it.
Guys, you should follow Laci Green. She’s an all-around great social issue goddess who is possibly the nicest person you can talk to :)
How do people not see how harmful it is to not only spread misinformation that women inextricably bond to everyone they have sex with, but men are incapable of bonding with ANYONE they have sex with? How do they think that’s conducive to the survival of the species at all?
- tastethebreeze likes this
- andabitalarming likes this
- missingyouissuchsweetsorrow reblogged this from lacigreen
- playful-beginnings likes this
- ante-m0rtem likes this
- shutyourprettym0uth likes this
- janeelovely reblogged this from lacigreen and added:
- deep-in-the-ocean likes this
- sundaimorningrainisfalling reblogged this from lacigreen
- otaku-neko-chan reblogged this from lacigreen
- xisforyou reblogged this from lacigreen
- xisforyou likes this
- stmichaelsitaly likes this
- hoedemort likes this
- aannggeellll likes this
- phantomviolet likes this
- almostnakedandfamous likes this
- yoursearchlights reblogged this from lacigreen
- p-chanfan likes this
- parawhoreklainer likes this
- seatheislandr likes this
- myguardiandemon likes this
- misslittlemissy likes this
- butterpockets reblogged this from sloppyrectum
- hendrixing likes this
- mudkipnamedgamzee reblogged this from ryysistar
- ryysistar reblogged this from seittilelu
- xavr likes this
- sloppyrectum reblogged this from seittilelu
- seittilelu reblogged this from wooditus
- bitcharellla reblogged this from lacigreen and added:
- bitcharellla likes this
- catchmeifyoucannnnn likes this
- wooditus reblogged this from pahasotaherra
- ankhetperue likes this
- blacklungdisease reblogged this from watsonette
- aviala reblogged this from pahasotaherra
- pahasotaherra reblogged this from necnill
- thesushifer likes this
- swedishtrickster reblogged this from necnill
- o-v-ens likes this
- emperorsalmondevourer reblogged this from necnill
- necnill reblogged this from lacigreen
- hissingmisery likes this
- gandanga likes this
- darkblanche likes this
- faeyrin likes this
- lassfromthelowcountree likes this
- saamatpob likes this
- fiction-is-happier reblogged this from ksfd89